Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lighten up for summer


iPhone link for video

When summer comes, I always think of lightening up on makeup, though it's been so hot since last fall, that I've been trying to go lighter all along. Makeup just seems to melt away so I almost figure, why bother? It's gotten to the point where I'm not using any foundation at all, just tinted moisturizer.

In the June 9 paper is my story about a summer make-under on an older woman, because young women don't need any help looking radiant!

Here are some of my favorite things for the greatest of ease, without looking like I've completely given up:

1. Osmotics Age Prevention Protection Extreme SPF 40 UVA/UVB moisturizer.

2. BeneFit mango-inspired Cha Cha Tint lip and cheek stain ($29). Just don't let it sit too long before rubbing it in because it really stains.

3. BeneFit The Porefessional pro balm for minimizing pores ($28).

4. C.O. Bigelow "Ginger Mint" Mentha Lip Tint with ginger and mint oils for flavor and touch of gold shimmer, $7.50 at Bath and Body Works.

5. Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel Cream Liner: The economy being what it is, I've been experimenting with more drugstore brands. Some things you can't get away with spending less. I find with eyeshadows you get better texture and more pigment with pricier brands, and in lipsticks you get better texture and more moisturizing formulas at the higher end, but sometimes you can get away with spending less, like on these eyeliner trios in stackable pots are about $10.95. You can shop by eye color: Brown, hazel, blue or green. I use the trio for brown eyes (black, brown and violet), pictured, but I think the green eye combination of green, blue and black would also work on those with brown eyes and dark hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment