Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Planning ahead for fall

Style.com photos

Even though we're just in spring, the timing of the fall shows has those in fashion already looking forward to what they want to be wearing in September.

After finally getting a chance to review most of the New York fall shows, Marc Jacobs showed again why he rules the New York runways. His was my favorite show. Minus the giant, scene-stealing hats, his runway was full of color, textures, interesting layers and silhouettes that in real way, you wouldn't necessarily mix together.


I think there will be a lot of people clamoring for little knit shawlets come fall, like this one Marc Jacobs sent down his runway.

When it comes to what I would wear though, I definitely go for less drama, and I'm looking forward to the Rebecca Taylor collection, and if I could afford it, I would buy ALL the pieces from the Red Valentino collection. Unfortunately for me, those pieces fall largely into the $600 to $900 range, so I could probably only get one piece. If so, it would be this one:


I really love the pretty, feminine, fresh ingenue style, though I regretfully am past those days.



No comments:

Post a Comment