Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ivy Higa launches Chic & Sheer online

Eric Hason photos
Ivy Higa's Elana blouse is one of five pieces from her Chic & Sheer collection available for purchase at her website.

Hawaii designer Ivy Higa has just launched her secondary label, Chic & Sheer by Ivy h., a clever collection of 100 percent sheer silk chiffon tops with cotton accents that reveal and conceal only as much flesh as its wearer chooses.

Its launch March 8 coincided with the debut of her e-commerce site, ivyh.net/store.

“I took to heart the idea of working smarter, not harder,” said the designer, who, since leaving “Project Runway” in season eight, has continued to live and work in New York for such high-profile designers and brands as Zac Posen, Diane von Furstenberg and Theory.

“Basically, I was killing myself trying to put together 36-piece collections by myself, trying to do the marketing — I wear so many hats. So I tried to think of a signature product that would allow me to build a strong foundation that I could continue to build on,” she said my phone interview with the designer, that appears in the paper today.
She decided to focus on light, ethereal tops that could transition from day to night and are minimalist enough to suit a wide range of women. Like the little black dress in separates form, she’s aiming to have her styles become wardrobe staples.

There are five styles in all, with three variations in sewing technique and embellishment. Basic tops start at $255 to $325, with delivery May 15. Each style also has one version utilizing pin-tuck pleat details, and another embellished with sequins and Swa­rov­ski crystals. Each style will be available in three colors: black, gray and navy blue.

Take a look and support one of our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment