Friday, January 18, 2013

Prabal Gurung: On Target

Target photos
Sleeveless blouse in First Date print $26.99; pleated skirt with lace in Sulfur Spring $29.99; wedge sandal online only $29.99; bangles $16.99 each.

Someone just sent me a restaurant recommendation, ending with, "Maybe keep them private for a while?"

I hear ya. Sometimes I really hate the job of sharing information I'd rather keep to myself, like the arrival of the Prabal Gurung for Target collection on Feb. 10. As if I want to get in line with 60 to 100 fanatics, when it could be just me and a quiet group of maybe 15 other devotees.

The collection was inspired by a love story, offering women’s apparel and accessories suitable for all occasions from the initial crush, to the first kiss, to everlasting love. List prices range from $19.99 to $199.99 for apparel and $12.99 to $39.99 for accessories and shoes, although historically, Hawaii customers have been greeted by a markup, allegedly due to shipping costs. At any rate, the cost of living here is higher all around.

The pieces are so beautiful, feminine and fresh. I would grab the entire collection, but in my experience, I've never been fast or aggressive enough to get what I really want. The killer instinct isn't there because I know I'll be able to find all the pieces on eBay the same day.

Here's a small sampling of some of my favorite looks from the collection—keep in mind listed prices are likely lower than what the Hawaii price will be—as well as the Target video:

Click for video: http://bit.ly/13OfKHm

Lace-front blouse in White/Sulfur Spring online only $34.99; shorts $26.99; lace-up sandals $39.99.

Blazer in Floral Crush print $49.99; long-sleeve tee $19.99; shorts $26.99; teardrop pendant necklace $19.99; shoes online only $39.99.

Sweatshirt in First Date print $29.99; skirt in Dresden Blue/Sulfur Spring $16.99; tote in Nolita print $39.99; wedge sandal online only $29.99.

Dress $49.99; shoes $39.99.



http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn61kF30ECBMIwzm9U5jyVA

No comments:

Post a Comment