Friday, October 1, 2010

Fighting Eel keeps moving forward



Nadine Kam photos
Lan Chung, left, and Rona Bennett in their new Fighting Eel boutique. They’ll be doing their design work elsewhere.

Fighting Eel celebrated the grand opening of its new boutique at the corner of Bethel and Pauahi streets on Sept. 17. I stopped in super early, but had to leave.

The store is so beautiful and I’m so happy for all Rona Bennett and Lan Chung and all they and their team have accomplished in just seven short years! I still remember the day I met them, at a sample sale close to our offices, when I picked up some of their first batch of T-shirts and shaka applique tank tops. I love those shirts and how they fit so well and have held up so long (yeah I still wear them!) Wish I had more but it doesn’t seem like they’re looking backward in their creative intent.

I’m sure part of the reason they’ve endured is because they are concerned with quality and it shows at the new FE, as well as their new T-shirt startup, the Tee Tee Bar, right next door to FE. Check them both out when you get a chance. Tee Tee Bar is also likely to be on a lot of lists of places to go for holiday shopping.


Ashley-Tyler Lee stopped in briefly to say hello, and couldn’t help addressing Kerrie Inouye’s baby bump.

Holden Lau with Katrina Justianiano, center, and Natalie Woo, who couldn’t help but notice my nail color, Les Khakis de Chanel’s Khaki Vert, because she was wearing the same color. Love that green!

No comments:

Post a Comment