Friday, January 28, 2011

Paris haute couture via Storify


Click here to see photos from the Paris haute couture shows in Storify format.

Spent two days last weekend in a bunch of classes informing media types how to be better storytellers in various social media formats.

It drives me crazy sometimes because if there's a new tool, I HAVE to play with it. I'm in a lot of places on the web, so people reach out from every corner. These days I have to check every medium possible to see who's trying to get in touch with me from where. For the record, though, if someone's sending releases through Facebook I may not take them as seriously as someone reaching out through a more formal email press release. After all, anyone can dash out a sentence on the fly.

Anyway, that's how I ran aground trying some slideshow formats that aren't playing well with Wordpress. On the other had, instructors also led me to Storify.com, which aggregates content on Twitter. It pulls together all the information on a search subject, whether you want it for yourself, or to share.

For instance, I searched for "Paris haute couture" in search of some pics from the runway, and through Storify I could pick and choose those worth sharing with followers/friends on Twitter and Facebook.

Storify is in Beta mode right now, so if you want to try it, you'll have to give them your email and they'll send you a passcode key to get started. If you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment