Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sandler goes with fashion

Sony Pictures
One of my friends went to "Just Go With It" just to see Jennifer Aniston's wardrobe, which the actress has said was mostly her own.


What? Fashion in an Adam Sandler movie? I was going to see "Just Go With It" anyway because I like Adam Sandler. To me, I just need one reason to see a movie, be it a particular actor/actress, director, story or costuming. One of my friends was enamored by the dresses Jennifer Aniston wears in the new comedy, so that was one more reason to go.

In the movie, Sandler is a womanizing plastic surgeon and Aniston is his office assistant Katherine. When he needs a fake wife to help with his ruse, he enlists Katherine to play the part. But he needs her to look the part of a successful surgeon's wife, so she has to ditch her own wardrobe and he takes her on a shopping spree of high-end stores. It made me wonder if Sandler threw in the shopping scene gratuitously for women in the audience.

But Aniston did look striking in the shift dresses she wore, including the RM by Roland Mouret Pigalle wool dress, below, which was in black in the film:


But my friend really liked Aniston's crochet dress, which is shown in the movie's poster, and below. It's Anna Kostarova's Marissa tennis dress, available for $259 at www.annakostarova.com.

My friend also oohed and ahhed at the sight of the Azzedine Alaia belt Aniston wore with a white shift:
And there were lots of Jimmy Choos in the film:


As usual with romantic comedies, it was predictable and there were lots of groan-worthy moments but I did laugh. My friend said I was the only one who laughed when they were hiking and Sandler's friend/brother? was attacked by a wild pig—a little one at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment